Drainage connection permits
When you need a Drainage Connection permit
A Drainage Connection permit is required before connecting to, or interfering with, Council’s drainage system. This includes an underground drain or the kerb and channel.
This permit allows Council officers to check the drainage system whenever a new connection or alteration to Council’s drains is carried out by private development.
This permit is required by the Moreland City Council General Local Law 2018 (DOC 622Kb).
A Drainage Connection permit application incurs a fee. This fee is reviewed yearly.
The 2020-21 fee for a Drainage Connection permit from Council is $337.55, including GST.
How to apply for a Drainage Connection permit
Complete the Drainage Connection Request form (DOC 150Kb) and:
- Submit the application using the online form (attention Engineering Services)
- Post your application to Moreland City Council, Locked Bag 10, Moreland 3058, or
- Bring your application in person to a Council Customer Service Centre.
Council then provides you with an invoice which has a reference number to pay the permit fee.
- Pay the permit fee online by Visa or MasterCard, or
- Pay the fee in person at a Council Customer Service Centre.
What happens after you apply
Once your application has been received, Council will inspect the site.
If the application is approved, you will receive the permit(s) in the mail.
If your application is not successful, you will be advised in writing by Council.