Pay a parking fine
If you park illegally in Moreland, you risk being fined. If you are fined, you can pay the fine online, by phone or in person.
You cannot make part payments when paying a parking fine and need to pay the full amount.
You may be able to pay through a payment plan. See below for further details and eligibility requirements.
You can pay a parking fine three business days after it was issued and within 28 days of issue.
- Pay a parking fine online by Visa or MasterCard.
- You need the notice number on the infringement notice.
You are unable to pay online if the fine has been referred to the courts for prosecution.
You can register as a user and sign in to Council Online Services to access My Accounts. As a registered user, you can keep track of requests and applications on any device and don't need to re-enter your personal information.
Pay by phone
Pay a parking fine with a Visa or MasterCard over the phone 24 hours using Council's secure automated system.
- Phone 9240 1111 and press 1 to make a payment. Then press 1 to pay 'fines and infringements' and then follow the voice prompts.
- You need the notice number on your notice and your Visa or MasterCard details.
Pay using Post Billpay
Post Billpay online
- Visit the Post Billpay website to pay by Visa or MasterCard.
- Enter the Post Billpay Code 3204, your Reference Number found beside the Post Billpay symbol on your parking infringement notice, and the payment amount.
Post Billpay by phone
You can pay a parking fine by phone with Post Billpay using your Visa or MasterCard.
- Call 13 18 16.
- Quote the Post Billpay Code 3204, the Reference Number found on your parking infringement notice, and the amount of your payment.
Pay by post
- Separate the payment slip at the bottom of your rates notice and mail it with your cheque or money order to Moreland City Council, Locked Bag 10, Moreland 3058, before the due date.
- Make the cheque or money order payable to ‘Moreland City Council’ and cross it 'Not negotiable'. Do not include cash in the mail.
If you would like a receipt, write your name and address in capital letters in the space provided at the back of the parking infringement notice.
Pay in person
Council Customer Service Centre
- Bring your parking fine to a Council Customer Service Centre before the due date.
- You can pay by Visa or MasterCard, EFTPOS, cheque, money order and cash. The minimum payment for all card transactions is $10 and there is no cash out facility.
- Bring your parking fine to a post office.
- You can pay by Visa or MasterCard, EFTPOS, cheque, money order or cash. You will be issued with a receipt, which you should keep as your record of payment.
Request a payment plan
Who can apply for a payment plan
You can request to pay your fine through a payment plan if:
- You are the holder of a Pensioner concession card, DVA Gold Card TPI (Total and Permanently Incapacitated), DVA Gold Card WW (War Widow), or Health Care Card, or
- Where two or more infringements are payable.
About payment plans
An infringement payment plan is available for a maximum of 6 months.
A payment plan is a formal agreement with Council.
Missing a payment or not making the initial payment will cause the payment plan to be cancelled. The infringement then proceeds through the enforcement process and additional costs are incurred.
How to apply
- Post to Moreland City Council, Locked Bag 10, Moreland Vic 3058
- Fax to 9240 1212, or
- Email Council Urban Safety a scanned copy of the form.
The application for a payment plan must be received by Council before the infringement due date.
Please note, if you get a parking fine from Council, you have 28 days to pay or arrange a payment plan with Council. Alternatively, if you meet certain circumstances, you can request a review of your parking fine.
How to pay an infringement plan payment
- Pay a parking infringement plan payment online.
- Enter the notice number and the agreed payment plan amount will appear.