Our bins will be changing
Community feedback on the proposed changes is welcome until Sunday 5 September 2021.
The proposed service would see us collect Food and Garden Organic bins weekly (FOGO), Garbage and Recycling bins on alternate fortnights, a new Glass bin monthly and our Hard Waste collection would change to a pre-booked service.
We heard about the needs of different households.
That's why we've included additional service options for those who need them.
We heard that fortnightly garbage collections would not suit some households, such as large households or households with disposable nappies.
- Households may choose to pay for a larger garbage bin (up to a maximum of 360 litres).
- Households may choose to pay for a weekly garbage collection.
- Households may be eligible for a concession for a larger garbage bin at no extra cost if:
- someone in the household has a medical condition generating waste;
- they are a large family with 5 or more dependants, including adults being cared for; or
- they have 2 or more children under 4 years of age in daytime nappies (NEW).
We will support high waste households to reduce waste and use their bins as effectively as possible.
Learn more about the proposed service, extra options to tailor it to meet your needs and how to get involved. Is the proposed service, along with the extra options, reasonable for the future of Moreland?