Where can I find out about current restrictions?
On the Victorian Government's Coronavirus website you can:
- See a list of the exposure sites in Victoria
- Get information on the current restrictions for Victoria
- Get specific guidance for each employment sector including answers to frequently asked questions
You can also call the Victorian Government's dedicated 24/7 hotline on 1800 675 398 for advice and information about COVID-19.
You can also call the Business Victoria hotline on 13 22 15 for information on restrictions and support. This can help your workplace to plan and respond to COVID-19.
What is a COVIDSafe plan?
A COVIDSafe plan supports a business to protect its staff, customers, visitors and the community. You can find out more about COVIDSafe plans on the Victorian Government's Coronavirus website. These plans prepare a business for a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 in the workplace. You can find out more about confirmed COVID-19 workplace cases on the Victorian Government's Coronavirus website.
Every workplace is required to have a COVIDSafe plan that is regularly updated. Random spot checks are taking place across the state to ensure compliance. Failure to comply can result in an on-the-spot fine of up to $10,904 or up to $21,809 for serious offences.
Guidance for employment sectors is available on the Victorian Government's Coronavirus website. This can assist you to build a plan for your business and to follow the latest industry guidelines.
COVIDSafe principles for businesses
The COVIDSafe principles for businesses are:
- Practice physical distancing
- Wear a face mask
- Practice good hygiene
- Keep good records and act quickly if staff become unwell
- Avoid interactions in enclosed spaces
- Create workforce bubbles
For guidance on how to prepare your plan, you can call Business Victoria on 13 22 15 or go to the Victorian Government's Coronavirus website. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like assistance from a Moreland City Council representative with your COVIDSafe plan.
You can use the COVIDSafe plan (PDF 70Kb) to create a COVIDSafe plan for your workplace.
Free business resources
A full collection of signage, posters and questionnaires are available on the Victorian Government's Coronavirus website. These will assist in communicating key messages to your staff and customers.
Below are some of the useful posters and templates created by the Victorian Government. We encourage you to download and print these signs and posters to put up around your workplace. They include information about hygiene and changes to business operations due to COVID-19.
- COVIDSafe plan (PDF 70Kb)
- Poster - safety requirements are now in place (PDF 72Kb)
- Poster - COVIDSafe promise to your customers (PDF 1.5MB)
- Poster - check in everywhere, every time (for general public) (PDF 1.5MB)
- Entry poster - please keep 1.5m apart while you wait (PDF 1.5MB)
- Entry poster - our patron numbers are limited (PDF 1.5MB)
- Manual record sheet - visitor and patron contact tracing log (PDF 312Kb)
- Staffroom poster - Six COVIDSafe principles for your workplace (PDF 644Kb)
You can email email@example.com if you require any further assistance or support from Moreland City Council with COVID-19 resources and creating a COVIDSafe plan.
Service Victoria QR code app
All workplaces are required to have all visitors, customers and workers to check-in. This should be using the free Service Victoria QR Code phone application, or as a last resort a paper check-in record. There are limited exceptions to this rule. You can find out more about check-in requirements and the QR code app on the Victorian Government's Coronavirus website.
Why do I need to use the QR code app for my business?
This is to ensure that if a positive case visits the workplace, contact tracers can simply and rapidly access the details of everyone else who was there at the same time. Contact tracers can then let these people know they have been exposed to a positive case of COVID-19, and what actions to take.
Where do I need to put the QR code?
Businesses and venues must prominently display QR code signage at each entrance to their work premises so members of the public can record their attendance.
What if my customers don’t have a phone?
Workplaces should assist visitors without a phone or unable to check-in to record their details electronically by using the Kiosk check-in function. You can access the Kiosk check-in function on the Service Victoria website.
How do I make sure if customers have checked in?
In using the Service Victoria QR Code app, businesses will need to make sure the QR code is visible and accessible, and do everything possible to ensure people are checking in – for example, pointing the customer to the QR code and asking them to check-in.
Do my employees need to check-in?
Current Chief Health Office directions require that anyone attending a workplace must check-in also, regardless of how long you spend at the venue.
Businesses can register to receive your business' QR code on the Victorian Government's business registration website. You will need to nominate a contact person for each business location.
COVID-19 information for multicultural businesses
There are resources, fact sheets, and support to access government information in your own language available. These include:
- COVID-19 in-language advice and information on the Victorian Multicultural Commission website
- Business information in-language on the Business Victoria website
- COVID-19 information and news in 63 languages on the SBS website
There is also a full collection of multilingual business signage, posters and questionnaires available on the Victorian Government's Coronavirus website.
COVIDSafe plans in languages other than English
If you need to create a COVIDSafe plan in a language other than English, you can use one of the following in-language templates for COVIDSafe plans:
- Arabic COVIDSafe plan (PDF 174 Kb)
- Chinese (simplified) COVIDSafe plan (PDF 254 Kb)
- Chinese (traditional) COVIDSafe plan (PDF 277 Kb)
- Vietnamese COVIDSafe plan (PDF 194 Kb)
General COVID-19 information in-language
For general information about COVID-19, restrictions and how to stay safe, see the following pages on the Victorian Government's Coronavirus website:
- Arabic COVID-19 information
- Chinese- simplified COVID-19 information
- Chinese- traditional COVID-19 information
- Greek COVID-19 information
- Italian COVID-19 information
- Vietnamese COVID-19 information
- Turkish COVID-19 information
If you need an interpreter, you can call the COVID-19 hotline 1800 675 398 and press 0.
Sign up to COVID-19 updates for business
With COVID-19 restrictions and the business landscape changing often, we will keep you up-to-date with information, programs, grants and news through our regular Business Moreland eNewsletter.
Sign up to stay informed of all the latest updates
Moreland City Council has employed a COVIDSafe Business Support Officer within the Local Government Business Concierge Support Program. Within this program the COVIDSafe Business Support Officer will support Moreland businesses to establish COVIDSafe practices and work environments.
The COVIDSafe Business Support Officer can provide support to your business with:
- Designing and implementing your COVIDSafe plan
- Implementing the Victorian Government QR Code
- Making sense of current restrictions
- Making sure your customers and staff are compliant
- Finding resources suitable for you
- Locating COVIDSafe stock and equipment
If you require any further assistance or support from Moreland City Council relating to COVID-19 you can contact