A Business Parking Permit allows you to park in bays that have a 'Business Zone' sign within the area specified on your permit. A Business Parking Permit is for permanent businesses, not temporary ones.
Who can apply for a business parking permit
You can apply for a Business Parking Permit if you operate a business with a address in the City of Moreland. Each property can have 2 permits. If multiple staff members use the permits, you can transfer the permits between cars.
How much does a business parking permit cost?
- Your first permit will cost $139.10. If you are applying after the 1st of January, it will cost $69.55. These permits expire each year on 30 June.
- Your second permit will cost $208.70. If you are applying after the 1st of January, it will cost $104.35. These permits expire each year on 30 June.
I would like to apply for a Business Parking permit
When you apply for a business parking permit, you will need the following documents to prove that you run a business at that address:
- Business registration document (ABN details) or a utility bill in the business name (we will not accept mobile phone bills)
- Rates notice in the business name or lease agreement in the business name
Before you apply, make sure you have these documents ready.
Apply in person or by mail
To apply for the permit in person or by mail fill in the Parking permit application form (PDF 192Kb) and :
- take it, along with your supporting documents and cheque or money order to one of our customer service centres, or
- mail it to Moreland City Council, Locked Bag 10, Moreland 3058, along with your supporting documents and cheque or money order.
We will then review your application. If it is successful, we will send you your permit in the mail. If it is not successful, we will let you know.
Once you have received your permit, you should put it in the plastic holder provided by us, in the lower left-hand side of your car’s windscreen.
When do business permits expire?
Business permits expire each year on 30 June. They need to be renewed by this date each year. We will notify you by email or post when it is time to renew your permit.
You can renew your Business Parking permit online or by post, phone or in person.
You must observe timed parking restrictions until you receive your new permit.
I would like to renew my Business Parking Permit
We send renewal notices in the mail or via email when it is time to renew your permit
- Renew a business parking permit online by Visa or MasterCard.
- You need the 'Application number' on your renewal statement.
You can register as a user and sign in to Council Online Services to access My Accounts. As a registered user, you can keep track of requests and applications on any device and don't need to re-enter your personal information.
Pay business parking permit with a Visa or MasterCard over the phone 24 hours using Council's secure automated system.
- Phone 9240 1111 and press 1 for phone payments. Then press 7 to pay 'licencing tax invoices' and follow the voice prompts.
- You will need to provide the ‘Application number' located on your renewal statement and your Visa or MasterCard details.
- Separate the payment slip at the bottom of your invoice and mail it with your cheque or money order to Moreland City Council, Locked Bag 10, Moreland 3058, before the due date.
- Make the cheque or money order payable to ‘Moreland City Council’ and cross it 'Not negotiable'. Do not include cash in the mail.
Council does not provide a receipt for payments received by mail. Keep the top section of the invoice for your records.
- Bring your invoice to a Council Customer Service Centre.
- You can pay by Visa or MasterCard, EFTPOS, cheque, money order, or cash. The minimum payment for all card transactions is $10 and there is no cash out facility
Lost or damaged permits
If you lose or damage your weekly visitor permit, you must fill in a statutory declaration. You can then:
- bring this to a customer service centre
- email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- post it to us at Moreland City Council, Locked Bag 10, Moreland 3058.
You will need to pay an administration fee of $28.95 for each permit you need replaced.
Once we have received your statutory declaration, we will send you an invoice so that you can pay for you new permit. You can pay using the details listed on the invoice. After this is paid, we will send you a new permit.
Until you receive your new permit, you must park legally and observe parking restrictions in the street.