Neighbourhood houses in Moreland are safe, welcoming places where you can make new friends, learn new skills and share your ideas and experiences.
There are 7 independent neighbourhood houses in Moreland. They all offer educational, social, recreational and support programs for people of all backgrounds, ages and cultures.
Brunswick Neighbourhood House (two locations)
Fawkner Neighbourhood House (two locations)
What Neighbourhood Houses offer the community
Every neighbourhood house is different, as they reflect their local community. You are welcome to visit and see what is happening at your local Neighbourhood House. There are a number of events, programs, activities and support groups that you might want to take part in. Feel free to drop in a have a chat with the staff about your interests or ideas you might have for an activity.
You can also volunteer at a neighbourhood house. This is a great thing to do because neighbourhood houses often rely on volunteers to help them deliver those programs and activities.
Neighbourhood Houses bring people together to connect, learn and get involved in local activities. Here are some examples of courses that are offered:
- Adult education (pre-accredited and accredited training)
- Art and craft
- Childcare/ Playgroups
- Community events
- Community lunches
- Community gardens
- Job seeking support
- Computer courses
- English language classes
- Room hire
- Self help and support groups
- Seniors' groups
- Programs for people with disability
- Youth programs
- Walking groups
- Health and wellbeing activities
- Volunteering opportunities
- Training for volunteers
- Welcoming people
- Joining an event committee or committee of management
- Office administration or reception
- Leading or assisting in activity groups
- Desktop publishing, writing or photography
- Producing a community newsletter
- Distributing brochures
- Community kitchen facilitator, catering or hosting
- Disability support
- English class assistant
Contact your local neighbourhood house directly to find out more about volunteering opportunities.
Subscribe to our Moreland Community Newsletter for regular updates.