Do you live, work or play in Moreland? Do you speak English and another language? Are you passionate about helping your community?
If yes, we want you to apply to be a Moreland Connector!
Read more about the Moreland Connector program below. Or download the below document to apply.
About the Moreland Connectors
The Moreland Connector program is run by Moreland City Council. The program helps Council speak with and hear from community members. In particular, this program helps Council speak with community members who don’t speak English.
There are over 10,000 people in Moreland who don’t speak English. And over 40% of Morelanders speak a language other than English at home. That’s why the Connectors are so important. Connectors help Council communicate with our community and help us understand our community’s needs.
How does the program work?
Moreland Connectors sit between Moreland City Council and the community. Moreland Connectors is a voluntary program. Moreland Connectors:
- Ask the community what information they need
- Share Council information with their community
- Tell Council how we can improve messages and translations
Messages are on topics such as:
- Covid-safe behaviour and lockdowns
- Covid-19 vaccination program
- Council services and programs
- Important Council updates about living in Moreland
What do the Moreland Connectors do?
Moreland Connectors help Council communicate with our community in ways that our community needs. A Connector would spend 2 to 3 hours each week:
- Sharing weekly messages with their communities.
- Giving Council advice on the best way to communicate with their community.
- Reaching out to the disconnected people in their community.
- Answering questions from their community.
- Attending training (such as how to build confidence in the covid-19 vaccines).
- Attending Moreland Connector meetings (once a month).
At the moment, the Moreland Connector program is focused on sharing coronavirus information with the community. This includes promoting vaccinations.
Apply to be a Moreland Connector
Applications are now open for the Moreland Connector program.
This program runs from 20 September 2021 to 28 February 2022.
What makes a good Connector?
Moreland Connectors will be selected based on the below attributes.
A Moreland Connector is someone who:
- Is from a newly arrived and/or non-English speaking background. Connectors can preferably speak and write in both English and at least one community language*.
- Can share weekly messages with at least 100 digital message recipients (eg: Facebook, WhatsApp, Viber, WeChat etc), or 40 non-digital message receipients (eg: social groups, phone calls etc).
- Is a resident of Moreland or spends a lot of time in Moreland.
- Is familiar with and connected to a range of local community services.
* In Moreland, community languages are Italian, Greek, Arabic, Mandarin, Turkish, Vietnamese, Urdu, Cantonese, Nepali, Spanish, Persian, Chaldean Neo-Aramaic, Indonesian, Thai, and Assyrian Neo-Aramaic
What do Connectors get from the program?
As a Connector, you will:
- Receive an $850 gift card to recognise your time and contribution.
- Be connected with likeminded, community-oriented people from all over Moreland.
- Have the opportunity to attend training run by both the Victorian Government and Moreland City Council.
How to Apply?
If you fit the description of a Moreland Connector, we want you to apply!
Applications close 5pm, Monday 20 September.
To apply, please download the Moreland Connector Application form (below) and answer the questions.
You can respond either in writing or in a recorded video message. Please send your application to Jess Jacobson at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact Jess: email@example.com | 9240 2467