Primary School Holiday Program
We offer a Council-run primary school holiday program in two different locations for children aged between 5 and 12 years old whose parents live, work or study in Moreland.
The program takes place from 8am to 6pm during school holidays at locations in Brunswick East and Brunswick South West. See below for venue information. We offer a full program of fun and engaging activities, including games, crafts, excursions, outdoor play and sports.
The program is guided by the National Quality Framework for Outside School Hours Services and My Time Our Place. This means that the program follows set staffing qualifications, ratios, and building requirements.
Our experienced teams have put in place safety measures and procedures in response to COVID-19.
The educator to child ratio is 1 to 15 and on excursions is 1 to 10.
- Brunswick South West Primary School at 5A South Daly Street, Brunswick West (Enter via Jordan Street). Ph: 0408 594 136
- Brunswick East Primary School at 195A Stewart Street, Brunswick East. Ph: 0408 561 026
Please note that the above phone numbers only work during school holidays, when the program is running.
How to book
Bookings for positions in the primary school holiday program open before that school holiday period. Dates will be updated on this page as they become available. Once booking becomes available the Casual Booking Calendar will open. Your booking should only be considered confirmed once you receive a confirmation email from us.
New families will need to register first before they can use our online booking system. If you already have an existing account, do not make another. If you have registered before but cannot remember your password, you can request a new one.
Please wait until we send you a confirmation email. Until we do, your booking is not confirmed.
Please note you can only book 1 venue per child per program.
Important to consider when making a booking:
- Anyone who is unwell should not attend this program. If a student attends while unwell, they will be sent home in accordance with the Department's regular Infectious Diseases policy.
- You will not be able to attend the holiday program if:
- You or any member of your family have been or come into contact with anyone who has COVID-19.
- Anyone in your family has a cold or flu like symptoms.
This is vital to ensure that the well-being of children, families and educators is maintained.
Holiday program dates for September/October 2021
20 September to 1 October 2021
Bookings for the program open
Friday 6 August 2021 by 5pm and remain open until we reach capacity.
September/October activity brochure
Holiday Program fees
It costs $85 to send one child for one day of care (up to 10 hours).
The holiday program operates under the Commonwealth Government's Child Care Subsidy Scheme, which means that program fees may be cheaper for you if you are eligible for this. You need to be registered for MyGov to access this. You can find out more about the Child Care Subsidy at Services Australia.
To pay for the holiday program, you can:
- Make a Direct Debit from a nominated bank account.
- complete a Direct Debit Authorisation Form (PDF 192Kb) and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 2 weeks prior to payment due date
- use BPAY with the biller code 275776 - reference details will be on individual statements
Children with additional needs
If your child has additional needs, contact the Holiday Program Team Leader on 9240 1227 at least 6 weeks before the program starts to discuss your child's needs and what they may need for their care. You must submit their diagnoses letter and child health care card with your enrolment.
Policy and Procedure Manual
See our school holiday program in action
Check out the Moreland primary school holiday program in the video below.
Teenage Holiday Program
We also have a fun teenage holiday program for young people ages 12 to 16 years old during the school holidays. The program is run by Active Moreland, with activities either taking place at Active Moreland leisure centres or on excursions in the wider community.
The program has space for 20 young people, including 4 spaces for young people with low to moderate support needs.
Bookings and pre-payments are essential to confirm a place in the program. You can book your child for just one day, every day, or just some days.
Important COVID-19 notice
Anyone who is unwell should not attend school, including staff, parents and students. This includes school holiday programs.
If a student attends while unwell, they will be sent home in accordance with the state government's Infectious Diseases policy.
You will not be able to attend the holiday program if:
- you or any member of your family have been or come into contact with anyone who has COVID-19.
- anyone in your family has a cold or flu like symptoms.
This is important so we can maintain the well-being of children, families and educators.