Join the library
Who can join the library
Anyone can join a library in Moreland and it's free. You do not have to live in Moreland.
Organisations in Moreland may be eligible for an institutional membership.
Why join the library?
When you join you will receive a library membership card with your name, an ID number and a barcode.
Bring your card to any library in Moreland to borrow, renew or reserve items, including books, magazaines, CDs and DVDs. You can also use computers at any library in Moreland.
There is also an online library which is available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can borrow eBooks, eMagazines or download audiobooks and music for free. We also have artfilms and Australian documentaries available to view online.
You can also use your card online to reserve or renew items.
How to join
Join the library online
- Read the Conditions of Membership and click “Accept”.
- Choose the appropriate category and click “Submit”.
a. Adult (Online Registration) – for those 18 and over. Includes access to internet, printing facilities, reserving and borrowing items.
b. Junior (Online Registration) – for those under 18. You will need to nominate a guarantor to complete your membership and approve access to use the internet at the library if desired. Includes reserving items and borrowing items that do not have age restrictions.
- Fill in the online registration form and click “Submit”.
- An email with a temporary borrower number will be sent to the email address nominated.
- Adult members will receive an email with the full library card number within 3 working days. Library cards will be posted in the mail.
- Guarantors nominated by a junior member will receive an email with a link to a form that can be completed online. On completion of this form, they will receive an email with the full library card number within 3 working days. Library cards will be posted in the mail.
- Alternatively, you may visit any Moreland library with your temporary number and proof of your current address to complete your registration and receive your library card. If you are a junior member, your guarantor will need to visit with you.
Visit a library to join
- Visit a Moreland library.
- To become a member and borrow items the same day, bring proof of your address, such as a driver's licence, health care card, rates notice or a recent bill.
- If you are 18 or over, complete the Library Membership for Adults form (DOC 223Kb).
- If you are under 18 years of age, complete the Library Membership for Juniors form (DOC 236Kb). A parent or guardian must sign the form, which includes application to use the library's internet facilities.
- If you have proof of your current address, the librarian will give you a membership card and you are able to borrow books, CDs, DVDs and magazines from any Moreland Library.
- If you do not have proof of your current address, your membership card will be posted to you. Items cannot be borrowed until your card is received.
Member card expiry
To ensure your membership details remain current, library memberships automatically expire 3 years after joining. This will require you to come into the libray to verify your details. You will need to provide proof of your address, such as a driver's licence, health care card, rates notice or a recent bill.
Lost or stolen library card
Tell the library immediately if you lose your card or someone steals it. The library will cancel your card.
To replace a card, you will need to show identification with your current address and pay $3 for a new card. You are responsible for all the items borrowed on your lost card.