Library closure FAQ
Temporary library closure
Following the latest public health directions from the Victorian Government, Moreland Libraries will be temporarily closed to the public from 5pm Wednesday, 8 July 2020 until further notice as a proactive measure to protect community and staff health and safety in relation to COVID-19.
I borrowed items from the library and now you’re closed – what do I do? Will I get fines?
Returns chutes are open at Brunswick Library, Coburg Library and Glenroy Library. If you are finished with any borrowed items, please return them if it is safe for you to do so.
All members (especially those residing further than 25km from our libraries) are welcome to keep their items a little longer. Any items that are overdue will not accrue additional charges during the closure and we have extended the due dates on all items to Monday 30 November.
I have library items at home that I have finished with, can I still return them?
- Yes, our returns chutes are open at the Brunswick Library, Coburg Library and Glenroy Library.
I’m not a library member, I would like to join so I can use all those great eResources!
- You can join online or ring one of the libraries between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, to register. We will post your card to you so you can take full advantage of our online resources.
I rely on the library for internet access, what can I do?
- Unfortunately, access to the internet in the library is not available while we are closed.
- The public wifi remains accessible within a short distance outside the library buildings.
Can I get library items delivered to me?
We offer two types of delivery service for Moreland residents:
- The Home Library Service, for those who are unable to visit one of our libraries on an ongoing basis due to ill health, frailty or a disability. Contact us to make further enquiries about this service.
- The Books to Your Door home delivery service with options to have your reserved items or a selection of 10 items delivered to you. Find out more about Books to Your Door and register for the service.
Can I borrow items from other libraries? What if I already arranged an inter-library loan?
- We are not placing new requests for interlibrary loans or lending materials to other libraries during the closure.
- Items we have received for borrowers are being held until we reopen. We can negotiate extensions on loans if required.