Library closure FAQ
Temporary library closure
Following the latest public health directions from the Victorian Government, Moreland Libraries will be temporarily closed to the public from 5pm Wednesday, 8 July 2020 until further notice as a proactive measure to protect community and staff health and safety in relation to COVID-19.
I borrowed items from the library and now you’re closed – what do I do? Will I get fines?
- Anything borrowed on 8 July will not be due back until after 31 August (normal loan periods apply from 31 August).
- Anything you borrowed before 8 July will have the due date extended until 31 August, except for items on hold for another borrower, In Demand DVDs and Top 20s. But don’t worry!
- Anything that can’t be automatically renewed or have the due date extended will not incur overdue charges.
- Any items that are already overdue will not accrue additional charges during the closure.
I have library items at home that I have finished with, can I still return them?
- No, our returns chutes are closed. Please keep your items until we reopen, you will not get any overdue charges.
I’m not a library member, I would like to join so I can use all those great eResources!
- Great! You can join online or ring one of the libraries between 9am-5pm Monday-Friday to register. We will post your card to you so you can take full advantage of our online resources.
I rely on the library for internet access, what can I do?
- Unfortunately, access to the internet in the library or using the public wifi is not available as under the Stage 4 restrictions you must stay at home unless it is for one of the approved reasons.
Can I get library items delivered to me?
- No, Stage 4 restrictions mean that we are unable to deliver any items to your home.
Can I borrow items from other libraries? What if I already arranged an inter-library loan?
- We are not placing new requests for interlibrary loans or lending materials to other libraries during the closure.
- Items we have received for borrowers are being held until we reopen. We can negotiate extensions on loans if required.