Active Moreland is a Moreland Council website that shows the details of local leisure centres, sporting facilities and clubs. It also has advice on how to get active and places to get active in Moreland.
Pools, gyms and leisure centres
If you're looking to go swimming, visit a gym or take part in group fitness, we have some great options. Moreland has great pools and leisure centres that you can visit. You'll find the details of each of our centres below.
- Brunswick Baths: 14 Dawson Street, Brunswick
- Coburg Leisure Centre: Bridges Reserve, Russell Street, Coburg
- Fawkner Leisure Centre (with seasonal outdoor pool area): 79-83 Jukes Road, Fawkner
- Oak Park Sports and Aquatic Centre (with seasonal outdoor pool area): 563a Pascoe Vale Road, Oak Park
- Coburg Olympic Swimming Pool: 50 Murray Road, Coburg North
- Pascoe Vale Outdoor Pool: 7 Prospect Street, Pascoe Vale
About our Aquatic and leisure strategy
This strategy and long term financial plan fully funds the operations, maintenance and renewal of all 6 pools over the 20 year horizon of this strategy.
We will need to raise $11.6 million ($14.1 million escalated) within the next 5 years to implement the upgrade of Fawkner Leisure Centre and a further $40.7 million ($67.6 million escalated) within the next 15 years to fund the Coburg Leisure Centre redevelopment. There are plans in place to raise these funds in order to work towards these important goals.
Due to the investment required and changing nature and use of aquatic and leisure facilities, the strategy will be reviewed in 5 year increments to allow for any adjustments.
Aquatic and leisure strategy documents:
- Aquatic and Leisure Strategy 2018-38 (PDF 2Mb)
- Aquatic and Leisure Strategy 2018-38 Background Paper (PDF 3Mb)
Sports, hobbies and activities
There are many sports and hobby groups that operate in Moreland. These groups either use venues or spaces we manage or are managed by community or private groups.
To find out about local sports groups, use the Active Moreland Sport and activity search tool. It will show you which clubs operate in our area.
To find out about our sports grounds and different facilities for sport, go to the Sports grounds and facilities page on Active Moreland.
To find out about local hobby groups, you can use the Infoxchange Service Seeker website. It has a community directory that you can use to find groups that match your interests.
Moreland Sport and Recreation Strategy
Minibuses available for hire
Council has 3 minibuses available for local community organisations to hire for activities and programs that directly benefit Moreland residents.