Disability policy and working group
Access and Inclusion Policy
Council wants people with disability, their family and carers to be able to:
- get to the places they want
- access services and get the information they need
- feel safe and part of the community
- participate in decision making, and
- have opportunities to work, exercise, socialise and be creative.
The Moreland City Council's Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2016-20 outlines Council's vision for the full inclusion of people with disability in all aspects of life:
- Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2016-20 (PDF 4Mb)
- Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2016-20 (DOC 144Kb)
- Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2016-20 - Easy English (DOC 16Mb)
This plan outlines Council's role and commitment in removing barriers and increasing opportunities for people with a disability in Moreland.
It identifies principles to guide our work and key priority areas.
The plan includes objectives for improving access and inclusion in:
- Accessible places and spaces
- Inclusive programs and services
- Employment and economic participation
- Leadership and participation.
Disability Working Group
- advises Council on access and inclusion issues
- raises concerns about access with Council
- discusses the Disability Access and Inclusion Plan, and
- makes sure the objectives in the plan are being done.
The Committee meets four times a year.
Its members include Council employees and people in the community.