Flu Vaccine Availability
Last updated: April 2021
The 2021 Influenza vaccine is now available. You can make an appointment using our online booking system.
Who can get a free influenza vaccine?
Influenza vaccines are provided free through the National Immunisation Program to the following groups who have an increased risk of complications from influenza:
- pregnant women (at any stage of pregnancy)
- people aged 65 years and over
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 6 months and over
- children aged 6 months to less than 5 years
- people aged 6 months and over with medical conditions putting them at increased risk of severe influenza and complications, including:
The conditions for the category of 'people aged 6 months and over with medical conditions putting them at increased risk of severe influenza and complications' include:
- cardiac disease
- chronic respiratory conditions
- chronic neurological conditions
- immunocompromising conditions
- diabetes and other metabolic disorders
- renal disease
- haematological disorders
- children aged 6 months to 10 years on long term aspirin therapy.
If you are not eligible for a free influenza vaccine, you can purchase it for $25, payable by EFTPOS when you arrive for your appointment.