Oxygen Moreland Youth Services provides placement opportunities for secondary and tertiary students seeking to complete their field placements.
Students have the opportunity to actively participate in a range of programs and projects that offer practical and valuable experiences in the youth sector.
Placement duration ranges from 2 weeks for secondary school placements to 220 hours for tertiary requirements.
Students are based at Oxygen Moreland Youth Services, Oxygen Youth Space, 4-8 Gaffney Street, Coburg North.
Moreland Youth Services assumes responsibility for the supervision of all students, however the educational institution must provide indemnity cover for the duration of the placement.
Preferences are given to tertiary students who are residents of Moreland and are currently studying:
- youth work
- community development, or
- welfare studies.
How to apply
Email Simon Wilson the following:
- details of course
- required duration of placement
- preferred start date of placement
- a statement of why you would like to complete placement with Oxygen Moreland Youth Services.
You will be notified of the outcome within 2 weeks of receipt of your email.
For more information contact Oxygen Moreland Youth Services on 9389 8645.
Placement case studies
Current student placements include:
- A Victoria University of Technology Bachelor of Youth Work third-years student is conducting a research project examining the barriers to young people in Moreland accessing recreational and social opportunities. The project is working with local stakeholders to identify the barriers to participation and make recommendations for ways to increase young people's involvement in local recreational activities.
- A RMIT Youth Work third-year student is assisting in developing and planning a careers program for year 9 students at Box Forest Secondary College in Glenroy.
- A Brunswick Secondary College year 10 student is assisting with administration duties and involvement in after-school personal development programs.