You can find information about almost all of our recently completed projects on Conversations Moreland. The information on this page is only from Fawkner and Hadfield projects that started before we were using Conversations Moreland, or projects that didn't require community input to be completed.
2020 to 2021 projects
In 2020 we completed road reconstruction on Marlborough Street in Fawkner, from Princess Street to Albert Street and Derby Street to Imaroo Street. We undertook consultation with the residents in march 2019 and design was completed in July 2019. The budget for this project was $690.000 for the section of Marlborough Street between Princess and Albert Street, and $360,000 between Derby to Imaroo Street. Construction was completed between August 2019 and May 2020.
The works included:
- The construction of new underground drainage system and pits.
- Reconstructing the existing concrete kerb and channel.
- Reconstructing the existing road pavement.
- Laying a new asphalt road surface.
- The reconstruction of vehicle crossings between new kerb and footpath edge.
- The reinstatement of nature strips.
2018 to 2029 projects
In 2018 we completed the construction of 8 fully-lit competition compliant netball courts at Charles Mutton Reserve in Fawkner. This project was funded by the Victorian Government’s $9.6 million Inner City Netball Program that aimed to build 64 competition compliant netball courts in inner-Melbourne. The budget for this project was $787,366.
In 2018 the final precinct plan for the Charles Mutton Reserve was presented to Council. The precinct plan recommended:
- Pavilion, ground and facility upgrades
- Improved accessibility and pathways
- Increase park infrastructure like picnic and seating areas, rubbish bins and drinking fountains
- Tree planting
- Support of local organisations such as the Fawkner Food Bowls project
- Improved car park design and layout to better accommodate site traffic
- Installing visually permeable fences and new site signage
- Create shared social spaces
- Future upgrade of oval surfacing
- Opportunities for LED lighting upgrades at the sports ovals and tennis club
- Investigate the formation of a sports club
- Extend water harvesting across the site to extend water sustainability for all clubs and users
- Improve connections to sustainable transport modes
This plan was endorsed by our councillors and has since begun being implemented.
In 2018 we renovated the public toilets at Charles Mutton Reserve. This was part of the Moreland Public Toilet Strategy. We renovated the public toilet between the ovals, as well as the toilet in the pavilion. Both toilets are unisex and are accessible to the public. They are open only during the day. The organisations that use the pavilion control the toilets inside. For more park details see the Charles Mutton Reserve page.
In 2018 we completed minor works on Fawkner Community House (previously names Fawkner Neighbourhood House) in Fawkner. This included minor maintenance and refurbishment works. The budget of the project was $25,000.
In 2018 we completed minor refurbishments to the Fawkner Senior Citizens Centre. this included an upgrade of life safety systems and minor refurbishment works. The budget for this project was $130,000.
In 2018 we upgraded the play space at Moomba Park in Fawkner. We renovated the play equipment, planted new garden beds and trees, and improved the paths. We also upgraded the park's fencing and planted trees to shade the car park and the basketball half court. For park details go to our Moomba Park page.
Moomba Park play space upgrade documents:
In 2018 we completed drainage improvement works in the Somerlayton Crescent Drainage Catchment in Fawkner, from Anderson Road, through property No. 52 Somerlayton Crescent and into the open space reserve.
The works included the construction of a new underground drainage system and pits in order to alleviate flooding within the road reserve and properties. The budget of this project was $600,000 and construction was completed from May to September 2018.
2020 to 2021 projects
In 2020 we completed refurbishments at Reddish Reserve in Hadfield. The budget for this project was $331,800 and construction was completed between September 2019 and February 2020.
The works included:
- The refurbishment of the existing change and amenities rooms.
- An upgrade the referee’s change and amenities rooms.
- Construction of a new unisex accessible toilet in the social rooms.
We have completed the upgrade of the play space amd park infrastructure at Martin Reserve. This is part of our Moreland Play Strategy 2016-20 (PDF 2Mb). This proposed upgrade focuses on the play space and surrounding park area.
These works have included fitness equipment, concrete access paths, a concrete circuit path around the oval and replacement park fencing.
This project is supported by the Victorian Government through the Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program.
- Draft Concept Plan for consultation completed: 14 August 2020
- Consultation closed: 4 September 2020
- Final Concept Plan completed: 11 September 2020
- Detailed Design completed: 25 September 2020
- Construction completed: February 2021.
Martin Reserve play space upgrade documents:
2019 to 2020 projects
In 2019 we completed an office accommodation upgrade on the Council Depot in Hadfield. This project had a budget of $1.3 million and included the refurbishment and upgrade of existing facilities to facilitate the expanding workforce.
2018 to 2019 projects
In 2018 we completed refurbishments on the Hadfield Community Hall. The budget for this project was $440,000.
The refurbishments included:
- new lighting
- acoustic treatment to ceilings
- resealing timber floors
- upgrade of the kitchen and appliances
- internal and external painting
- toilets upgrades so that they are compliant