Coworking spaces accommodate a community of teams or individuals from different businesses.
Maker spaces are spaces where a community of businesses, entrepreneurs, inventors and the public can use tools and technology to design, develop and test products. Maker spaces are also referred to as coworking spaces.
Coworking can include a shared office or workshop space and so can suit any style of work. They bring business owners and employees from a variety of companies to share the space, skills and personalities. There are usually communal areas to encourage the sharing of ideas, and quiet areas and private rooms for those who find they work better in silence.
These spaces are a great first step in moving your business from home. A coworking community can provide:
- an opportunity to work collaboratively
- a support network
- access to community and training events to help with your business and personal development
- opportunities for sharing ideas
- access to a range of skills and experience
- an unofficial supply chain.
Coworking spaces in Moreland
- Barkly Street Collective
- Batman Royale
- Brudi - 420 Victoria Street Brunswick
- Level 1 Studios
- Mr Gaffney
- Mycelium Studio
- Next Level Studios
- Norm Warehouse
- Prentice Street Studios
- Rubato Upstairs
- Studio 23A
- Tinning Street Presents
- School House Studios (due to open July 2021)
For more local coworking spaces visit Spacely.