Russell Street Precinct Improvement, Coburg
Council is currently undertaking the design and consultation of streetscape improvement works along Russell Street, Coburg within Coburg Activity Centre.
This project is a key action from the Coburg Streetscape Masterplan identified for implementation in 5 - 10 years.
See the project scope (PDF 4Mb).
The purpose of this project is to improve Russell Street and its key connections to surrounding facilities and pedestrian links in the area.
Key improvements will include:
- New footpaths (including paving, kerb and channel)
- Pedestrian threshold crossing
- Landscaping (including planter beds and street trees)
- Street furniture such as seat, bins and drinking fountain
- Traffic calming treatment
- New public toilet on Russell Street
Have your say
The Russell Precinct survey closed on Sunday 17 March 2019. Feedback received will inform the development of the Draft Concept Design.
Budget and timelines
- Budget: $50,000
- Design completion: June 2019
If you have any queries regarding the project, contact Council’s Senior Urban Designer, Tri Setyani on 9240 2471 or email Tri Setyani.