Bonwick Street, Fawkner - Streetscape improvements
After listening to community feedback, Council is now ready to collect your feedback on the proposed design.
To have your say, submit your feedback below or come along to one of our drop in sessions at Bonwick Street.
Download the Bonwick Street Draft Design Package in:
- Bonwick Street Shopping Strip Draft Concept Design Package (PDF 3Mb) (English)
- Centro commerciale di Bonwick Street Modello del progetto proposto (PDF 3Mb) (Italian)
- Δέσμη ιδεών προκαταρκτικού σχεδίου για τη λωρίδα καταστημάτων επί της Bonwick Street (PDF 3Mb) (Greek)
- Bonwick Street مفهوم التصميم في (PDF 3Mb) (Arabic)
- تصوراتی ڈیزائن Bonwick Street (PDF 3Mb) (Urdu)
The first phase of consultation was undertaken in June 2018 to seek community feedback on the streetscape improvement.
Download the Report outlining community feedback (PDF 159Kb).
Moreland City Council – as part of its Shopping Strip Renewal Program – is going to be making some streetscape improvements to the Bonwick Street Shopping Strip and wants to hear what you have to say.
The aim is to revitalise the area and improve the pedestrian amenity, walkability and presentation of the shopping strip.
Proposed key improvements might include:
- Footpath upgrade, including kerb and channels
- Laneway upgrades on both sides of Bonwick Street
- New pedestrian crossing
- Landscaping, including street trees and rain gardens
- Upgrade of street furniture as required.
The design phase is occurring in 2017-18 followed by construction in 2018-19.
View an animation of the Bonwick Street proposed design.
Have your say
Consultation closed at 5 pm on Monday 29 October.
Consultation, including an online survey and consultation sessions in Bonwick Street Shopping Strip, took place in June 2018.
Site analysis is underway, including a survey of existing conditions.
Together with community feedback, information gathered will inform the development of a draft concept plan.
Design completion is scheduled for November 2018.
Construction April 2019 - December 2019
If you have any queries regarding the project, contact Naomi Clarke, Urban Designer, on 9384 9219 or email Council's Urban Designer.