Marlborough Street, Fawkner – Road Reconstruction Works
In 2019 – 20 Council will be reconstructing Marlborough Street, Fawkner from Princess Street to Albert Street and Derby Street to Imaroo Street.
Consultation with the residents was undertaken in March 2019 and the design was completed in July 2019.
The project is in the construction phase with construction works set to commence in August 2019 and programmed for completion in May 2020.
The works comprise:
- Construction of new underground drainage system and pits
- Reconstructing the existing concrete kerb and channel
- Reconstructing the existing road pavement
- Laying of new asphalt road surface
- Reconstruction of vehicle crossings between new kerb and footpath edge
- Reinstatement of nature strips
- Total length
- - Marlborough Street (Princess to Albert) 340m
- -Marlborough Street (Derby to Imaroo) 245m
Budget and Timelines
- Budget -Marlborough Street (Princess to Albert) $690.000
-Marlborough Street (Derby to Imaroo) $360,000
- Construction Start Date: August 2019
- Construction End Date: May 2020