James Street, Brunswick West – Road Reconstruction Works
In 2019 – 20 Council will be reconstructing James Street, Brunswick West between Hope Street and Whitby Street.
Consultation with the residents was undertaken in May 2019 and the design was completed in July 2019.
The project is in the tendering phase with construction works set to commence in December 2019 and programmed for completion in February 2020.
The works comprise:
- Construction of new underground drainage system and pits
- Reconstructing the existing bluestone kerb and channel
- Reconstructing the existing road pavement
- Laying of new asphalt road surface
- Reconstruction of vehicle crossings between new kerb and footpath edge
- Reinstatement of nature strips
- Total length 210 m
Budget and Timelines
- Budget $500,000
- Construction Start Date: December 2019
- Construction End Date: February 2020