West Street, Brunswick - A Park Close to Home
We're currently busy developing new parks right across Moreland for the community as part of our Park Close to Home Framework. West Street in Brunswick is one of the first locations for a new park, along with Tinning Street, Sydney Road and Frith Street in Brunswick.
The West Street park development includes 1,3,5,7 and 11 West Street and 29 and 31 Breese Street, Brunswick (PDF 7Mb).
Have your say on the Draft concept plan
Council has prepared a draft concept plan in response to the ideas gathered from the community back in July
Come and check out the plans at a drop in session:
- Wednesday 23 October 4pm - 6pm
- Saturday 26 October 9am - 1pm
Where: Brunswick Neighbourhood House, 43A DeCarle Street Brunswick.
You can submit your feedback at on of the consultation sessions, by email or phone 9240 1111
What type of things are included in the draft concept plan?
When we consulted with the community, here is a list of the type of things you would like to see as part of this new park:
- A green space with lots of trees and increased canopy cover
- Nature and adventure play elements with climbing / cubby style structure
- Productive gardening for community use with composting / worm farm facilities
- Celebration of local culture through indigenous plantings, art (ie sculptures) and other means
- Improved amenities, including BBQ, shelter, drink bottle refill stations, bike parking, toilets and seating
- Water sensitive design elements
- These key themes were referred to in preparation of the draft concept plan for West Street.
- Email Council's Open Space Team
- Phone 9240 1111