Tinning Street, Brunswick - A Park Close to Home
Moreland City Council is creating two new parks for the community. The first will be located in Tinning Street and the other West Street. This new park is part of Council's Park Close to Home Framework.
The Tinning Street park development includes 55-61 Tinning Street Brunswick (PDF 6Mb).
Engagement summary - Tinning street ideas generation...
Stage 1 'Ideas Generation' consultation for the new park on Tinning Street was carried out during May-June and is now complete. A summary of the engagement findings has been prepared and will be the key reference document in creating a concept plan for the new park. Download Tinning Street Engagement Stage 1 Summary (PDF 2Mb) for a copy of that report.
Key themes that came out of the consultation include:
- Creating a space for play with the incorporation of native plants and materials.
- Lots of trees and increased canopy cover.
- Accessible play for children of all ages and abilities.
- Incorporation of street art, sculptures and murals by local artists and recognition of local
- history, culture and identity in the new park.
- Improved amenities, including drink bottle refill stations, toilets and seating
Council’s Open Space Design & Development Unit are now working on a draft concept that will be ready before the end of August.
The draft concept will be presented to the community for further input, with an aim to commence construction early 2020 on target for complete by mid 2020.
Demolition of the buildings is expected to commence in September 2019.