Richards Reserve, Coburg North - New enclosed dog park
A new dog park in Coburg
Richards Reserve in Coburg North is getting an enclosed dog park. This follows community consultation in 2017 and the recent successful creation of Moreland’s first dog park at Gilpin Park in Brunswick.
In November 2017, Moreland Council endorsed Richards Reserve in Coburg North as the preferred location for an enclosed dog park.
A draft concept plan has been prepared that shows the proposed area of approximately 3,000 square metres of nature play space for dogs, surrounded by a 1.35 metre high fence.
Richards Reserve will remain an off leash park and local laws apply.
Draft Concept Plan
Features of the enclosed dog park shown in the draft concept plan include:
- Steel mesh fencing 1.35 metres high, with two double-gated entries and maintenance vehicle access gates
- Bins, signage and dog waste bags
- Separate 'time out area' for small, timid or elderly dogs
- Drink fountain with side tap and dog bowl
- Various surfaces such as gravel, mulch, lawn, rocks and logs to explore, and
- Additional tree planting for shade.
Have your say
Residents are invited to submit feedback on the draft concept plan and contribute to the final plan for this new dog park.
Feedback closes on Wednesday 19 September 2018.
Complete our online feedback form
Post your feedback
You can also give your feedback by:
- Posting feedback to Open Space Design, Moreland City Council, Locked Bag 10, Moreland 3058.
- Phoning Andrew Blight, Landscape Architect on 8311 4391.
If you have a query, phone Andrew Blight, Landscape Architect on 8311 4391 or email Open Space.