Edward Street Reserve, Fawkner - Park upgrade
Edward Street Reserve was selected for upgrade in 2015 with funding allocated from Council’s Capital Works program.
The park upgrade included:
- New play equipment, including a climbing unit with slide, swings and a spinner
- Nature play elements include rocks and logs for balancing
- A new picnic table and seats
- Steel infill panels along front fence to restrict children running out to the street
- Garden beds with native plantings
- Drinking fountain, a bin, and
- Tree planting for shade.
A large portion of the park remains as grassed open space for informal play.
Budget and timelines
Construction: commenced early October
Construction complete: early November 2015
If you have an enquiry or would like further information about this project, please contact Council.