Our tendering website
Open Windows is our eTendering website that allows suppliers and potential suppliers to provide details about their company in order to be advised of potential tendering opportunities.
It allows companies to register and advise the types of goods or services available. It also allows companies to progress through relevant prequalification activities in their own time rather than as part of a tender.
Benefits and features of our eTendering website
- a faster, easier way for business to lodge tender responses with Council and to register to be advised of tenders
- a means for businesses to register for notifications of tenders
- allows open tracking of all documents and communications, ensuring all tenderers are facilitated in a fair and transparent process
- allows 24 hour 7 days a week submission of tenders
- automatically sends a receipt when documents are successfully submitted
- ensures all tenderers respondents receive consistent communications
- ensures all tender responses are captured in one auditable system
- provides a platform for open communication between suppliers and Council
The public tendering process
- Council raises a tender on the eTender website
- Before you are able to download tender documents or lodge an electronic response you must first create a user account in the eTender website
- All registered suppliers for that category are notified. The tender is also advertised in The Age newspaper (legislative requirement).
- Registered users log in and view or download the tender documents.
- All communication and clarifications between Council and the tender respondent are via the eTendering website to ensure there is an auditable record.
- Tender respondents upload their tender submission via the eTendering website
- The tender will close at the advertised time. Documents not uploaded by the closing time will not be accepted. Council officers are unable to view tender submissions until after the closing time.
- Once the tender has been evaluated and awarded, all respondents will be notified