Construction works along O’Hea Street, Pascoe Vale during May
Council is currently constructing a number of traffic calming works along O’Hea Street, from Pascoe Vale to Coburg. These works include:
- a series of 13 speed humps between Northgate Street, Pascoe Vale South and Sydney Road Coburg
- a pedestrian zebra crossing with flashing lights immediately east of May Street
- modifications to the O’Hea Street and Main Street intersections
The aim of the works are to reduce rat-running within the area, lower vehicle speeds and reduce the likelihood and severity of car accidents along the street.
During the period of works, O’Hea Street will remain open however there will be delays. It’s recommended to instead use Gaffney Street and Bell Street.
Works are expected to be completed by the end of May.
Main Street and O'Hea Street Intersection closed - commencing from 16 May
As part of these works Main Street will be closed at O'Hea Street for two weeks from 16 - 30 May 2019.
Works at this intersection will include:
- raised threshold in Main Street
- a flat top speed hump in O'Hea Street
- changes to turning lanes
Works are scheduled to commence Thursday 16 May 2019, weather permitting, with work times of 7am-5pm.
Please note Main Street will be closed at O’Hea Street for the duration of the works, which are scheduled to take 2 weeks.
There will be access for residents of Main Street from Bell Street, but all through traffic will need to utilise either Sydney Road or Sussex Street to travel north while Main Street is closed at O’Hea Street.