Budget and strategic resource plan
The Annual Budget 2019-20 was adopted by Council at its meeting on Monday 24 June 2019.
This year's total budget is $184.18 million, and includes the delivery important services such as support for the elderly, immunisation, early years learning, and the libraries and leisure centres located across Moreland.
Breakdown of the 2019/20 Budget
|Capital Works||$46 million|
|Community support and services||$15 million|
|Amenity and compliance||$7.3 million|
|Building and engineering||$6.1 million|
|Open space, maintenance, and street cleansing||$17.7 million|
|Waste services||$16.4 million|
Some of this year's budget highlights:
- $11.3 million upgrading, renewing and maintaining local roads
- $6 million upgrading, maintaining and building footpaths, bike paths and shared path bridges
- $8.7 million upgrading our local parks, open space and streetscapes
- $500,000 towards continuing 2 hard waste collections year
- $400,000 reducing carbon emissions by generating local renewable energy and using energy efficiently
- $437,000 upgrading 5 playgrounds
- $2.5 million creating 2 new parks in Brunswick.
Breaking it down: how is every 100 of the budget spent?
Download the budget
- Annual Budget 2019-20 (PDF 4Mb)
- Council Rating Strategy 2019-20 (PDF 1Mb)
- Council Fees and Charges 2019-20 (PDF 1Mb)
Hardcopies of the budget are also available for viewing at a Customer Service Centre from Monday 8 July 2019.
- Moreland Civic Centre, 90 Bell Street, Coburg
- Brunswick Customer Service Centre, 233 Sydney Road, Brunswick, and
- Glenroy Customer Service Centre, 796N Pascoe Vale Road, Glenroy.
Open Monday to Friday from 8.30 am - 5 pm.
Strategic Resource Plan
The Strategic Resource Plan is a plan of resources, both financial and non financial, required to achieve the strategic objectives adopted in the Council Plan.