Buskers are welcome in Moreland and may perform without a permit.
Buskers should have their own public liability insurance and are reminded to be aware of the local community when performing, ensuring:
- the free flow of footpath traffic, and
- that local businesses and community members are not impacted by noise levels associated with the performance.
Buskers should also observe the following guidelines:
- Buskers should operate safely at all times.
- Buskers must allow the free flow of footpath traffic in any area where they perform.
- The sound levels from a busking performance must not disrupt business trading in the area as well as restaurants and other retailers. Sound levels should be moderate and respectful of others in the same vicinity.
- Buskers should be mindful of playing in the same area for too long. Generally buskers should not perform in the same location for longer than 2 hours on any day and no more than 3 days in the same week.
- Buskers must keep the site clean and ensure that it is left in the same condition it was found.
- Buskers should endeavour to establish good relationships with nearby traders.
- The act or performance should contribute to a positive social environment that is respectful of all community members.
For questions about busking in Moreland, please email Council Amenity and Compliance or contact Council on 9240 1111.