Active Moreland Seasonal Pool Operating Hours and Hot Cold Weather Policy
Every couple of years, the policy is updated following a period of review. The policy is currently up for review.
With the expected opening of the redeveloped Oak Park Leisure Centre, Council needs to assess the impact of the opening in order to be in a better position to proceed with some of the proposed changes.
As such, Council is proposing to implement some of the key changes now while other changes will depend on the outcome of trials during the 2018-19 Summer Season.
Changes that are proposed to be implemented in the current policy:
- Removing Brunswick Baths and Oak Park Leisure Centre from the policy as the hours at these centres are not impacted by 'hot' or 'cold' weather conditions.
- Change what is considered to be 'cold weather' from 23 degrees Celsius to 22 degrees Celsius.
- Change what is considered to be 'hot weather' from 32 degrees Celsius to 31 degrees Celsius.
- Change of temperature trigger for the operation of dive pools and waterslides from 28 degrees Celsius to 26 degrees Celsius.
- Addition of a condition where seasonal pools at Pascoe Vale, Coburg and Fawkner will operate during normal core hours regardless of the weather forecast during the summer school holiday period. This means that all seasonal pools will be opening every day during the summer school holidays.
In addition to the key changes to the policy, Council will continue to trial the following operational hours:
- Morning swimming at Pascoe Vale Pool on Tuesday and Thursday mornings between 6 and 9 am.
- Morning swimming at Coburg Olympic Swimming Pool on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings between 6 and 9 am.
- Core hours at Pascoe Vale Pool increased to 11 am - 7 pm, Monday to Friday during Summer school holidays.
- Core hours at Pascoe Vale Pool increased to 3 - 7 pm, Monday to Friday during school term.
The trials at these pools will be considered to be included in the strategy provided that attendance is maintained at the same attendance levels of the 2017-18 trials. If this attendance level is not reach then the trial may be discontinued.
Consultation on the Draft Active Moreland Seasonal Pool Operating Hours and Hot Cold Weather Policy (PDF 102Kb)closed at 5 pm on Sunday 30 September 2018.
Feedback will be reviewed in October with a report to Council in November 2018.
For further information please call Council on 9240 1111 or email Active Moreland.