Change of ownership, address or name
Why Council needs up-to-date details
It is very important that you let Council know if you make any change to your name, address or property ownership as soon as possible.
This helps us ensure that rates notices, pet registration renewals and other notices are delivered correctly.
When ownership of a property changes, the liability for payment of rates remains with the owner until Council receives a notice of acquisition.
How to update your details with Council
Complete a form to update your details:
- Change of Name form (DOC 58Kb)
- Change of Address form (DOC 66Kb), or
- Change of Ownership form (DOC 43Kb).
Forward the form with any required documentation to Council. You can:
- Submit the form online with any required scanned attachments of evidence
- Mail to Moreland City Council, Locked Bag 10, Moreland 3058
- Visit a Council Customer Service Centre, or
- Fax to 9240 1212
If you need to change details associated with your pets registration, see change pet registration details.