Arts Activation Grants Program
Arts Activation Grants offer funding and skill-building opportunities to support community-led ideas, big and small, which engage Moreland's community with the arts.
The Arts Activation Grants are a revision of the previous Celebrating Place Grants, with the main improvements being access to greater funding, access to funding over consecutive years and a greater focus on arts and cultural outcomes and engagement.
Objectives of the Arts Activation Grants
- Build connection and pride in place through community led arts and cultural activities
- Support and encourage more people to engage with arts and culture in Moreland
- Build and support local capacity to develop and deliver quality arts and culture activities
- Activation grants - up to $8,000 for one-off activities.
- Annual events - funding for up to three consecutive years, up to $8,000 per year, for events that can demonstrate they have delivered the objectives of the grant program for two or more consecutive years.
- Small event grants - up to $1,000 for small activations
How to apply for an Arts Activation Grant
Applications are now closed and will reopen again in 2019.
Small Event Grants are open year round and should be made online through SmartyGrants Quick Response Grants.
Before you apply, and for more information, read the:
- 2018 Arts Activation Grants Program Guidelines (PDF 133Kb)
- 2018 Arts Activation Grants Program Guidelines (DOC 86Kb)
Information sessions were held in April 2018.
Inclusive and accessible
For tips and advice on how to maximise participation and make your event as inclusive and accessible as possible, download Moreland City Council's:
- Inclusive and Accessible Events Guide with Checklist (PDF 2Mb)
- Inclusive and Accessible Events Guide with Checklist (DOC 9Mb)
For information, forms, checklists and templates to help your event go off without a hitch visit our events guide.
Successful applicants and funding allocation in 2018
Janet Watson Kruse, The Ettie Project - $8,000
Janet Watson Kruse, in partnership with Coburg RSL and a strong creative team will to produce and premier a new theatre work.
Tongberang'i Ngarrga Inc, The Ngarrga Reconciliation Gathering - $8,000
Celebrate contemporary Aboriginal urban culture, identity and connection to Country by bringing the Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal community coming together in celebration of reconciliation, cultural diversity and collective health and wellbeing.
Babysteps, Dead End Film Festival - $8,000
Short film and arts festival at the Coburg Drive-In.
Melbourne Artists for Asylum Seekers, Migrant Mothers, Moreland - $7,788
A five month community arts project targeting 50 migrant women in Moreland.
Russian Orthodox Church "Holy Protection" Cathedral, Russian Arts, Food, Music and Dance Festival - $8,000
Russian/Slavic Festival filled with music, dance and art/craft.
Lions Club of Glenroy Inc, Glenroy Lions Art Show 2019 - $2,212
Host an opportunity for Primary / Secondary and Special Needs Schools to showcase / display their art work at the Glenroy Festival.
Merri Murnong, Murnong Gathering - $8,000 (Year 1), $6,000 (Year 2), $4,000 (Year 3)
The harvest and cook up of edible indigenous plants, dancing, stories, ochre handprints and community arts project.