Thank you for your interest in applying for a position at Moreland City Council.
Select a position below to view details, download a position description and to apply online.
Reference Number: MOR27
Applications close: Saturday 24 October 2020, 11.30 pm
Reference Number: MOR25
Applications close: Sunday 25 October 2020, 11.30 pm
Reference Number: MOR26
Applications close: Wednesday 28 October 2020, 10.30 pm
Reference Number: MOR30
Applications close: Wednesday 4 November 2020, 11.30 pm
Reference Number: MOR29
Applications close: Sunday 8 November 2020, 11.30 pm
Reference Number: MOR32
Applications close: Sunday 15 November 2020, 11.30 pm
View our application guidelines for instructions on how to apply, resume and cover letter tips, and how to respond to key selection criteria.
- How to apply for new jobs funded through the State Government
We have created 310 new jobs for local Morelanders. These jobs are funded by a $16.18 million Working for Victoria grant from the Victorian State Government. This was announced on 10 May 2020.
The new jobs will focus on providing important services across the Moreland municipality in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Recruitment will begin this week, with all jobs offered as 6 month contracts.
1. Go to the Working for Victoria website
2. Select 'I'm looking for work'.
3. Register your details with the Victoria Government's recruitment platform: Sidekicker.
- What areas will the new jobs be in?
The new jobs will focus on allowing us to resource and provide important services across Moreland in response to the COVID-19 crisis.
The types of work the new jobs will focus on involve:
- outdoor land management and revitalisation works
- cleaning services to public assets, including graffiti removal
- food and meal delivery services to support vulnerable people
- waste management and signage work
- digital communications to support community engagement and outreach
- culturally and linguistically diverse support roles
- maintenance and improvement work to sports and recreation facilities, libraries, maternal and child health centres, seniors centre and other community venues
- local business and community advisory and recovery services;
- public health and well-being compliance officers
- environmental, waterways and heritage sites community education and outreach works
- supervisory and human resources expertise to manage onboarding and deliver programs at scale.
- Support to register for Working for Victoria jobs
Moreland libraries can offer phone-based assistance to residents wishing to apply to the Working for Victoria application portal ‘Sidekicker’ . Residents will need to have an internet connected device (such as smartphone, tablet or computer) and basic digital literacy.
Library staff can:
- Assist in creating an email account
- Explain how to create and account and log-on to the Working for Victoria application portal ‘Sidekicker’
- Explain how to fill in an online form (what compulsory fields mean)
- Advise where to find information and advice on looking for work and job application skills (eg. interview skills)
Library staff cannot:
- Fill in the form
- Proof-read an application
- Give career advice
Booking to get help:
Moreland residents can ring 9353 4000 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm) to book a time for a library staff member to call them back.
- Help for jobseekers
For refugees and migrants looking for work and needing assistance applying to Working for Victoria, please contact:
Employer Engagement Manager
Brotherhood of St Laurence – Given the Chance Employment Program - Working for an Australia free of poverty
M 0427 258 521 E firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Day Care Educator
A career opportunity as a Family Day Educator currently exists for suitably qualified people who live in the municipality of Moreland and would like to work from home.
Moreland Family Day Care is a quality home based child care program which offers professional and supervised child care for children from birth to 12 years of age in the homes of approved Educators. Candidates must have or be enrolled in Certificate III in Children’s Services as a minimum requirement and be able to provide a range of age appropriate and stimulating educational experiences for children. Successful applicants will receive a start up package of equipment, toys and 3 months insurance.
If you are committed to providing high quality care and education to children and would like the opportunity to work from home, please contact Moreland Family Day Care on 9240 2300.