Property in Industrial 3 Zone to be rezoned to Residential Growth Zone
|Current zone||Industrial 2 Zone|
|Proposed zone||Residential Growth Zone - Schedule 2|
This property will be:
- Part of Residential Growth Zone (Schedule 2), and
- Subject to Residential Growth Zone (Schedule 2) and new Design and Development Overlay (Schedule 24) building design controls.
What does this mean?
- The maximum building height for new development will change from a discretionary 13.5 metres (up to 4 storeys) to a mandatory 13.5 metres (up to 4 storeys).
- Buildings set back 3 metres to front street boundary.
- Side and rear setbacks to provide daylight access, outlook and natural ventilation for dwellings and landscaping.
- ResCode applies to any property next to General Residential or Neighbourhood Residential Zone.
- Reduced impact of vehicle access and car parking on public realm.
- Tree planting in front, side and rear setbacks.
- Overlooking minimised through building design.
- Minimum 2m balcony width.
View the full Design and Development Overlay provisions (DOC 4Mb).