Jewell Station Precinct
Planning Application Number: MPS/2015/503
27 Wilson Avenue, 325 Barkly Street, 331 Barkly Street and 15A Union Street, Brunswick
An application for planning permit has been received by Council seeking approval for the redevelopment of the Jewell Railway Reserve including the demolition of the existing buildings and use and development of the land for two eight-storey, mixed use buildings; with a reduction of the car parking requirement and a waiver of the loading and unloading requirement.
The construction of two eight storey buildings one fronting Union Street (north building) and the other fronting Barkly Street (south building).
The features of the proposed development include:
- Each building contains commercial uses at ground floor providing for 5 commercial tenancies
- A total of 122 dwellings are proposed providing a range of 1, 2 and 3 bedroom dwellings
- 100 car parking spaces are proposed within basement levels
- 222 bicycle parking spaces are provided on site
- Each site contains a communal roof garden area, and
- The proposal involves the removal of one native tree (River Red Gum).
The applicant intends to undertake a series of improvements to the public realm areas including:
- Improved accessibility to the station through the introduction of a new ramp
- Enhancements to the Upfield Shared Path including increasing the width for cyclists and pedestrians
- Integrated cafe terracing associated with the south building including seating and garden areas facing the shared path, and
- Construction of a feature stair and additional landscaping.
These works do not require planning approval and do not constitute part of the application. However, Heritage Victoria is currently considering an application which will consider these matters.
The plans are attached below:
- MPS/2015/503 application form (PDF 1Mb)
- North Building Plans (PDF 13Mb)
- South Building Plans (PDF 7Mb)
- Town Planning Report (PDF 14Mb)
- Traffic Management Report (PDF 22Mb)
- Arborist Report (PDF 4Mb)
This information is made available for the sole purpose of enabling its consideration and review as part of a planning process under the Planning and Environment Act 1987. This information must not be used for any purpose which may breach any copyright.
The copy of the full application including all plans and reports are available for review at the Moreland Civic Centre, 90 Bell Street, Coburg during business hours.
Monday 14 September 2015
5.30 pm - 7.30 pm
Brunswick Town Hall, 233 Sydney Road, Brunswick
Council’s Planning Officers and the Permit Applicant’s consultant team will be available to answer questions regarding the proposal and process.
Information regarding the proposal will be available for viewing including the plans and reports, there will be no formal presentations.
Submissions due by 5 pm on Sunday 20 September 2015
If you wish to make a submission to Council regarding the proposal, your submission must be made in writing and should state how you would be affected by the granting of a permit.
For your submission to be valid it must include your name and street address (in relation to the proposal).
Please include a reference to the planning permit application number MPS/2015/503.
Please be aware that any submission received will be placed on the planning file and can be publicly viewed. For more information see object to a planning permit.
Any person wishing to make a submission must do so in writing by 5 pm Friday 18 September 2015.
Submissions quoting planning permit application number MPS/2015/503 should be addressed to Meagan Merritt, Principal Planning Officer:
- Mail to Moreland City Council, Locked Bag 10, Moreland 3058
- In person to Moreland Civic Centre, 90 Bell Street, Coburg 3058
- Email Council.
For further information about this planning application contact Meagan Merritt, Principal Planning Officer, City Development.
There are documents on this page in PDF-only format. If you have trouble opening or viewing a PDF document, contact Council and we will arrange to provide the information in a format that suits your needs. See Council's accessibility page for further details.