Skills for Community Leadership
Community leadership training for new arrivals, culturally diverse groups and young people.
Develop skills to practice community leadership across faiths and cultures and become a reflective, creative and collaborative agent for change. This program is for all community members but can especially help new arrivals, culturally diverse groups and youth people.
The intensive 3-day course will focus on a range of leadership skills including:
- Community leadership – Explore your individual leadership capacity.
- Team building – Explore group dynamics and the skills and awareness necessary to function effectively in a team. Learn how to operate well, even in the toughest of situations.
- Social negotiation – Learn negotiation training that focus on reaching agreement for mutual benefit.
- Engaging in difficult conversations – Learn practical tools for engaging in difficult conversations, using non-violent communication and self-management, during times of high emotion.
- Public speaking – Use storytelling as a means for crafting and delivering powerful speeches.
The training is a follow-up on the Fawkner Social Cohesion Project run by the Fawkner Community House, which was supported by Moreland City Council. The training is delivered by Harvard-trained facilitators from Polykala, a leadership development training organisation.
Dates: 22, 23, and 30 July 2017
Time: 10 am – 2 pm
Venue: Fawkner Community House
95 Major Road, Fawkner
(corner of Edward Street and Major Road)
Please advise if you have any dietary or disability access requirements.
Moreland residents from northern part of Moreland who are new arrivals, culturally diverse groups and young people.
Moreland City Council
Mobile: 0422 102 053