Writer in Residence program
Applications for this program closed at 5 pm Friday 1 June 2018.
About the program
The Moreland Writer in Residence Program is available to writers of fiction, non-fiction, poetry and drama.
All types and genres of storytelling will be considered, including children’s literature, script and screenwriting for stage, radio, television and film, and podcasts. The program is however closed to full time academics.
Up to three successful applicants are provided with access to a studio space for three months (between July 2018 and May 2019) and an honorarium of $3,000.
- Moreland Writers in Residence Program Guidelines (PDF 425Kb)
- Moreland Writers in Residence Program Guidelines (DOC 191Kb)
Applications will be considered by a panel consisting of Unit Manager Arts and Culture, a person nominated by Moreland Libraries, member of the Moreland Arts Board, and up to two industry experts.
Applications will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- Likely benefit of the residency for the applicant’s professional development
- Artistic merit of a) supporting material and b) proposed project
- Achievability of the residency (ability to clearly demonstrate the planning, development and delivery of the project).
Up to three residencies will be offered on the strength and merit of each application. However, consideration will be given to ensuring there is a diverse group of writers selected.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome on 11 June 2018.
If you need more information or would like to discuss your ideas or application please contact Will Coogan, Unit Manager Arts and Culture on 9240 2371 or email Will Coogan.
Moreland Writers in Residence Program is an initiative of Moreland City Council
This initiative is supported by Scribe Publications in Brunswick.