Pollution and odours
Complaints about pollution and odours
Moreland General Local Law 2007 (DOC 901Kb), part 7, provides for the protection of amenity, aiming for a safe and healthy environment so that the community can enjoy a quality of life that meets its expectations.
- air, noise, water and land pollution
- residential noise issues including loud music and use of equipment such as air conditioners
- odour complaints such as smoke from residential chimneys
- overflowing sewage, rubbish or drainage where public health is threatened, and
- nuisance conditions that could be dangerous to health or offensive such as unsanitary premises.
Pollution from industrial buildings
The Environment Protection Authority investigates noise and pollution from or at industrial and commercial buildings like factories.
To make a complaint or speak to Council about any of these matters, contact Council.