Children with additional needs
Preschool Field Officer Program
The Preschool Field Officer Program is an early intervention outreach service that is available in state-funded kindergartens for any child with developmental concerns. (A preschool is the same as a kindergarten.)
Council Preschool Field Officers
Council Preschool Field Officers support the access and participation of children with additional needs in kindergartens in Moreland.
A Preschool Field Officer:
- Observes children with developmental concerns and consults with educators and families
- Consults with and supports kindergarten staff on the planning, implementation and review of developmentally appropriate programs for all children
- Links families and staff to community and specialist supports .
You can organise a Preschool Field Officer for you child by completing the Preschool Field Officer Referral form (DOC 114Kb). Submit the completed form to Council:
- email Council Children's Services
- post to Locked Bag 10, Moreland 3058, or
- visit a Council Customer Service Centre.
Inclusion Support Program
Inclusion Professionals (IPs) work with Educators in Children's Services to ensure all children are welcomed and included, in particular:
- children from cultural and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, including refugee and Australian South Sea Islander children
- children with ongoing high support needs, including children with a disability, and
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children.
The Inclusion Support Program is delivered by the Victorian Inclusion Agency.