Moreland Multicultural and Settlement Services Network
Council is committed to working with local settlement services to identify and address key migrant settlement issues.
The Moreland Multicultural and Settlement Services Network is convened by the Diversity Officer in order to:
- build relationships between settlement service providers
- provide opportunity for service coordination in the multicultural sector
- discuss settlement issues and settlement planning updates, and
- share settlement news, data, and new developments.
The membership is open to all multicultural service providers that service the City of Moreland. Invitations are extended (but not limited) to representatives from the following organisations:
- Department of Immigration and Border Protection
- AMES (Adult Migrant Resource Services)
- Arabic Welfare
- Asylum Seekers Welcome Centre
- Department of Human Services (Federal)
- Victoria Police
- Merri Community Health Services
- Moreland Community Legal Centre Inc.
- Northern AMEP
- Melbourne Polytechnic
- Northern Melbourne Institute of TAFE (NMIT)
- Spectrum Migrant Resource Centre (MRC)
- Action on Disability in Ethnic Communities (ADEC)
- Melbourne Fire Brigade
- NorthWestern Mental Health
- Gambler's Help
- Anglicare Victoria
- Wesley Mission Victoria
Meetings are held bi-monthly.
For urgent assistance contact:
- VincentCare Northern Community Hub, phone 9304 0100
- Asylum Seekers Resource Centre phone 9326 6066, or
- Asylum Seekers Welcome Centre phone 9388 2459
The Council strategies and priorities to address emerging issues for Moreland's multicutural communities are outlined in the Moreland Human Rights Policy 2016 - 2026 (PDF 1Mb)
Victorian. And proud of it. is Victoria's new Multicultural Policy Statement. This new multicultural policy statement, sets out the Victorian Government’s way forward. It begins with the Victorian Values Statement – the foundational values on which our success has been built: equality, freedom and shared responsibility. It also details the policies, programs and services that will extend this work