About Maternal and Child Health Service
Support and services we offer
The Maternal and Child Health Service is a free service, available to all families with children from birth to school age.
The service offers support and information for your family in the areas of parenting, health and development, including:
- regular visits to see a Maternal and Child Health Nurse
- understanding your baby
- breastfeeding support
- new parent groups
- child health and development
- maternal/paternal emotional and physical health
- parent-child relationships
- home and car safety for infants
- child accident and injury prevention
- family planning, and
- referrals to local support services and other health agencies.
Our centres and contacts
There are 21 Maternal and Child and Health centres in the Moreland area. The centre you attend is determined by where you live.
The centres are staffed by nurses with general nursing midwifery and maternal and child health nursing qualifications.
To contact the Maternal and Child Health Service phone 9240 1111 and select 2 when prompted or email Maternal and Child Health Service.
The service is supported by the Maternal and Child Health Line (13 22 29) which operates 24 hours.
Council has a QR Code to make it easy for parents to access Maternal and Child Health information online. You need to download a QR Reader for your smartphone to scan the code.