Councillor expenses and code of conduct
Councillors are provided with support to serve, engage with and represent the Moreland community.
The Councillor Support and Reimbursement Policy (DOC 92Kb) outlines the support expenses that are paid by Council as well as those expenses Councillors are entitled to claim reimbursement for. These expenses are all related to Councillors undertaking their duties.
In the Mayor's Speech 2006, Council committed to place Councillor expenses on its website, in line with other Councils, ensuring greater transparency.
- Councillor expenses 1 July 2017 to 31 December 2017 (PDF 107Kb)
- Councillor expenses November 2016 to 30 June 2017 (PDF 289Kb)
Councillor code of conduct
Under the Local Government Act 1989, each Council must develop and approve a Councillor code of conduct.
A Councillor code of conduct:
- must include the Councillor conduct principles,
- may set out processes for resolving an internal dispute between Councillors, and
- may include any other matters relating to the conduct of Councillors, which Council considers appropriate.
This document was updated within 12 months of the 2016 Council elections, in accordance with the Local Government Act 1989. Copies are also available from Council Customer Service Centres.