Sydney Road, Coburg streetscape improvements
Council are currently performing a streetscape upgrade along Sydney Road, Coburg.
The scope of these works are limited to both sides of Sydney Road between Munro/Harding Streets and Bell Street. Works being undertaken will include:
- The upgrade of existing bluestone kerb and channels on both sides.
- Feature stone paving at key pedestrian intersections.
- Removal and upgrade of existing asphalt footpath pavement.
- Upgrade of existing seating, bins, signage and bike hoop infrastructure.
To minimise disruption to the public, the majority of works will be performed outside of business hours (8 am – 8 pm).
Budget and timelines
- Budget: Council funding $2,400,000
- Construction Stage 1: East Side starts 11 January 2017
- Construction Stage 2: West Side to start March 2017
Major stages of the project
Design - complete
For more information, refer to the Concept Design (PDF 2Mb).
Tendering - complete
Public tender for the construction work was advertised over June 2016.
Started 11 January 2017
Consultation was performed late 2016. This feedback was collated and used to inform the design and delivery of the Sydney Road upgrade. Once the upgrade is complete, a post survey will be sent out for feedback.
The purpose of the pre and post construction surveys is to get community feedback to measure satisfaction in relation to streetscape improvements undertaken and inform future upgrades.
If you have any queries regarding the project, contact Sarah Borg, Senior Urban Designer, on 9384 9232 or email Sarah Borg.