Pascoe Vale Road, Glenroy streetscape improvements
Council is upgrading the streetscape on Pascoe Vale Road, Glenroy in stages.
The streetscape improvement is part of Council's commitment to improving local retail precincts throughout Moreland.
The purpose of the project is to improve the pedestrian amenity, safety, and overall presentation of the Pascoe Vale Road shopping strip for residents, businesses and visitors.
The upgrade consists of:
- upgrading the footpath surface with new concrete pavers
- installing raised pedestrian crossings at key side streets, and
- construction of water sensitive rain gardens to treat runoff from the streets.
Major stages of the project
Consultation - complete
The proposed design has previously been circulated to the local community and businesses along Pascoe Vale Road.
Design - complete
The design, as seen along Pascoe Vale Road between Finchley Avenue and Belair Avenue, continues to roll out.
Construction - Stage 4
Stages 1 to 3 are now complete. Stage 4 is due to commence by the week of 25 September 2017 and is anticipated to be completed by the end of April 2018.
The Stage 4 works are the final stage to be completed for this project. This stage will include:
- New high quality paving
- Wider footpaths
- Improved drainage
- New pedestrian plaza
During construction, access will be maintained to all stores in the shopping centre.
Council is working closely with the contractor to reduce the inconvenience that is inevitably created by any major infrastructure upgrade.
Improvements in pedestrian management and minimisation of noisy demolition methods were successfully applied during Stage 3 works and will be continued through Stage 4.
However, there will be times when the works will create some unavoidable noise and debris.
We may also need to temporarily modify/divert pedestrian traffic, mainly during the early stage of the project while the old concrete footpath is being demolished.
Stage 1 and 2 recification works
Rectification works to Stage 1 and 2 will be taking place from mid-January 2018 to mid-February 2018 on the western side of Pascoe Vale Road.
Stage 4B - new pedestrian plaza design
The design of Stage 4B includes a new pedestrian plaza design on Pascoe Vale Road.
This design includes new trees, additional seating and feature paving.
The existing 90 car parking spaces will be replaced with parallel car parking on Pascoe Vale Road.
The construction of the new pedestrian plaza will occur as part of Stage 4B from January 2018 to April 2018.
Budget and timelines
Stage 4 budget: $1,270,000
Stage 4A works: September 2017 – November 2017 (Completed)
Stage 4B works: January 2018 – April 2018
- Stage 1 – Rectification works between Finchley Avenue and Belair Avenue. Completed May 2016.
- Stage 2 – Upgrade works at intersection of Pascoe Vale Road and Belair Avenue. Completed May 2016.
- Stage 3A - Upgrade works at intersection of Pascoe Vale Road and Lytton Street. Completed November 2016.
- Stage 3B - Upgrade works between Lytton Street and Gladstone Parade. Completed January 2017.
- Stage 4A - Upgrade works between Glenroy Road and Post Office Place. Completed December 2017.
If you have any queries regarding the project, contact Jessica Jones, Urban Designer, on 9240 2472 or email Council's Urban Designer.