The Avenue, Coburg – Road reconstruction works
In 2016/17 Council will be reconstructing The Avenue, Coburg between De Carle Street and Barrow Street.
Consultation with residents was undertaken in April 2016.
The project is in the tender phase, with works set to commence in October 2016.
The works will comprise:
- Construction of a new underground drainage system and pits
- Reconstructing the existing bluestone kerb and channel. The levels will be altered to flatten the road and improve vehicle access into properties
- Reconstruction and narrowing of the road pavement to 9.8 metres, and laying a new asphalt road surface
- Reconstruction of vehicle crossings between the new kerb and footpath edge
- Installation of rain gardens (landscaped garden beds that filter stormwater runoff from the roadway) to improve stormwater quality.
- Reinstatement of nature strips
- Total Length: 335 m
Budget and timelines
- Budget: $1,048,000.
- Construction start date: October 2016
- Construction end date: March 2017