Queen Street, Coburg - road reconstruction works
In 2017-18 Council will be reconstructing Queen Street, Coburg between Moreland Road and Lever Road.
Consultation with residents was undertaken in March 2017 and the design was completed in August 2017.
The project is now in the tender phase, with works to commence in February 2018 and be completed in June 2018.
The works will comprise:
- Construction of a new underground drainage system and pits.
- Reconstructing the existing bluestone kerb and channel.The levels will be altered to flatten the road and improve vehicle access into properties.
- Reconstruction of the road pavement and laying a new asphalt road surface.
- Reconstruction of vehicle crossings between the new kerb and footpath edge.
- Reinstatement of nature strips.
- Total length: 390 m
Budget and timelines
- Budget : $903,500
- Construction start date: February 2018
- Construction end date: June 2018