Park Street, Brunswick West – Road and drainage works
In 2016/17 Council will be undertaking road and drainage works along Park Street, Brunswick West between Fleming Street and Gibson Avenue.
Consultation with residents was undertaken in August 2016.
The project is in the design phase, with works set to commence in late January 2017.
The works will comprise:
- Construction of a new underground drainage system and pits.
- Reconstructing the existing concrete kerb and channel. The levels will be altered to flatten the road and improve vehicle
access into properties.
- Laying a new asphalt road surface.
- Reconstruction of vehicle crossings between the new kerb and footpath edge.
- Reinstatement of nature strips.
- Total Length: 550 m
Budget and timelines
- Budget: $720,000
- Construction start date: January 2017
- Construction end date: June 2017