Norris Street, Coburg North – Road reconstruction works
In 2015/16 Council will be reconstructing Norris Street, Coburg North.
Consultation with residents was undertaken in October 2015.
The project is now in the construction phase and works commenced in early May 2016.
The works include:
- Widening of the road so as to allow vehicles to park on either side of the road and still allow through traffic
- Reconstructing the existing concrete kerb and channel. The levels will be raised to flatten the road and improve vehicle access into properties
- Reconstructing the road pavement and laying a new asphalt road surface
- Reconstruction of vehicle crossings between the new kerb and footpath edge
- Reinstatement of nature strips
- Construction of a rain garden at the end of the street
- Total Length: 180 m
Budget and timeline
- Budget: $285,000
- Construction Start Date: May 2016
- Construction End Date: August 2016