Glen Street, Glenroy - road reconstruction works
In 2017/18 Council reconstructed Glen Street, Glenroy between Bindi Street and View Street.
Consultation with residents was undertaken in March 2017 and construction was completed in October 2017.
The works comprised:
- Construction of a new underground drainage system and pits.
- Reconstructing the existing concrete kerb and channel. The level will be altered to flatten the road and improve vehicle access into properties.
- Reconstruction of the road pavement and laying a new asphalt road surface.
- Reconstruction of vehicle crossings between the new kerb and footpath edge.
- Reinstatement of nature strips.
- Total length: 90 m
Budget and timelines
- Budget : $130,000
- Construction start date: September 2017
- Construction end date: October 2017