Coburg Street, Coburg – Road reconstruction works
In 2016/17 Council will be reconstructing Coburg Street, Coburg between Rennie Street and Walsh Street.
Consultation with residents was undertaken in August 2016.
The project is in the design phase, with works set to commence in February 2017.
The works will comprise:
- Construction of a new underground drainage system and pits.
- Reconstructing the existing concrete kerb and channel. The levels will be altered to flatten the road and improve vehicle access into properties.
- Laying a new asphalt road surface.
- Reconstruction of vehicle crossings between the new kerb and footpath edge.
- Reinstatement of nature strips.
- Total Length: 260 m
Budget and timelines
- Budget: $476,000
- Construction start date: February 2017
- Construction end date: June 2017