Moomba Park project, Fawkner
Funding has been allocated in the 2017-18 Council budget to implement a playspace upgrade at Moomba Park.
Proposed works to be carried out to the Moomba Reserve Playspace are shown in the Moomba Park Playspace Draft Concept Plan (PDF 566Kb).
Proposed works include:
- Refurbishment of the existing play equipment
- New garden beds and tree planting
- Improvements to path network including connection from McBride Street to Merri Creek trail
- Removal and upgrading of park fencing
- Extensive tree planting for shade to car park and basketball half court
Works commenced onsite in November 2017 and are expected to be completed in April 2018.
Feedback on the draft plan closed on 13 October 2017.
The feedback from the community was generally positive and works are progressing according to the proposed concept plan.